There are many differences between washing and detailing a car. Detailing a car from start to finish is a meticulous procedure that requires a lot of experience to do properly. Couple that with performing comprehensive interior car detailing, and you get a demanding process that only the most qualified professionals are able to tackle.
Among the numerous reasons to have your car detailed, this attention to every little thing is what makes car detailing a rather different process than simple car washing, and why many people opt for a deep car wash in San Diego. Take a look at how a wash and a detail differ.
What is the difference between a car wash and a detail?
The difference between a car wash and a car detail is probably the most frequent question people ask when inquiring about scheduling a comprehensive car detail. And it is understandable. To a person who is not a car enthusiast, the differences between a detail and a wash might seem minor, even insignificant.
However, although there are minor surface discrepancies between detailing and washing a car, it is those seemingly minor details that significantly differentiate thorough detailing from regular washing. With a wash, you get shampooing, washing, and sometimes polishing. However, with a detail, you can get:
- Tar and bug removal
- Dressing of rubber and plastic
- Engine and tire cleaning
- Ventilation decontamination
- Dent repair
- Headlight restoration
- Scratches fixing
And all this is only on the outside of your car. If you choose to book an interior car detail, you will receive a complete revamp of the interior of your car, bringing your baby back to showroom quality. And that is the single biggest difference between a wash and a detail – a car detail makes your ride shine both on the outside and the inside!
How do you deep wash a car?
Deep washing a car is a procedure that requires not just the necessary equipment, but also plenty of experience and knowledge to perform properly. That is why it’s always best to book a car detail with professionals. However, you can always give this procedure a try if you’re looking for to pampering your ride on your own:
- Correct sud: First, make sure you use a specialized vehicle cleaning formula, and not regular liquid soap, as it can suck the important oils from the paint’s finish, decreasing its lifespan.
- Plucking the finish: Clay-barring the exterior of your car is the only way to ensure you’ve plucked out all the dirt embedded in your car’s finish. Get a clay bar kit and thoroughly clean the exterior.
- Polishing the finish: Polishing will remove minor imperfections on your car’s surface, as well as various scratches, and buff your car’s paint to a shine. Only by polishing your car exterior can you get the finest gloss.
- Waxing the finish: Modern synthetic polymer waxing solutions will help you get that desired mirror finish on the exterior of your car. Just make sure to apply wax in a swirling motion before using a microfiber cloth to wipe the haze off.
- Cleaning the interior: Even if you’re currently only focused on giving the exterior of your car a deep clean, you should still pay attention to the interior. Make sure to eliminate the dust and the junk, clean the upholstery and the carpet, wash windows and brush out all the air vents.
Schedule the finest deep car wash service in San Diego!
Finding reputable and detail-oriented professionals to give your ride a comprehensive detailing is more difficult than it seems. You want to book mobile car detailing with experts you can trust. Luckily, you have La Jolla Mobile Car Detail to rely on for all your car detailing needs.
Whether you live near Mission Beach, or anywhere else in San Diego, our car detailing pros will come to your address and give your ride the thorough scrub-down it deserves. Once we’re done, you’ll see your ride shine with a fresh light. Contact us today!