When you decide to boost your car’s appearance, you go for the best product available. For that glossy, shiny look that protects your vehicle and increases its value, ceramic coating is the magic potion. Far superior to waxes, polish, and sealants, ceramic coating forms a glass-like shield, enhancing and preserving the car’s exterior. And one of the huge pluses, you never have to wax or sealant again! Once applied however, ceramic coating requires accurate aftercare.
Going down the DIY route or calling on a professional ceramic car coating service in San Diego, CA, is entirely your choice. Before you do anything else though, find out how to properly care for your car investment.
How soon can I wash my car after ceramic coating?
The ceramic coating maintenance process starts with what is known as coating curing. It’s the period of time it takes for the ceramic coating to fully form on the vehicle’s surface. In the first 48 hours upon applying, try to refrain from parking outside in the sun or below a tree to avoid bird droppings.
For the ceramic coating to fully cure takes up to four weeks. This doesn’t mean you should wait that long to wash your car. It may be hard to resist, but try not to wash your vehicle the first seven days after coating application.
What happens if it rains after ceramic coating?
As the curing process begins, it is imperative that the coating does not come in contact with water and, in this particular case, rain. Not every car owner has a garage where they can stash away the vehicle until the coast is, quite literally, clear. If the weather forecasts rain, try and find a covering with which you can protect it. Driving in the rain is not recommended, at least for the first seven days.
What should you do after ceramic coating?
If you want a full return on your investment, follow these maintenance tips for the coating’s longevity and car protection:
- Regularly wash your car: Despite what you may have heard about its self-cleaning abilities, you do still need to wash your car.
- Use a quality cleaning brush: The material of the brush is essential to keeping your your coating intact. Microfiber cloth or mitts are perfect for this type of car wash.
- The two-bucket method: Take two buckets, one with soapy water and the other with water. As you clean parts of the surface, rinse it in water to get dirt and other particles from the brush.
- Never wash in direct sunlight: Washing the car in the early morning, or on a cloudy day is the best time to wash and dry the vehicle. Sunlight and high temperatures cause water to evaporate quickly and can lead to streaks and water spots.
- Never use an automated washing machine: This is, to put it simply, the quickest way to ruin your ceramic coating. Whether by going to a drive-through car wash or you’re using a portable car wash machine, the automated brushes are sure to wreak havoc on the coating.
Who can I trust with ceramic car coating aftercare in San Diego, CA?
Now that you’ve invested in high-end car protection coating, it’s time to let a professional team handle the aftercare duties. For the absolute best ceramic car coating maintenance across San Diego, CA, La Jolla Mobile Car Detail delivers all aspects of coating aftercare. It’s all in the details, and our team dedicates itself to provide services of the highest quality.
Let us handle your car detailing duties, and get yourself ready for a ride along the coast down to La Jolla Cove. Book today by giving us a call, sending a text, or using our website’s swift booking system. Let’s get started!